There’s a considerable positive performance difference when using Starling and I’m glad that I got my feet a little wet with the framework. All the graphics play nicely on the screen and there’s no real video lag that I noticed with this particular project. Anywho, I plan on revisiting this Spaceship Spelling project because there’s a lot of rough edges given the fact I don’t know all the ins and outs of Starling. But anyway, for the most part I think the project overall turned out O.K. I want to make a few spin-offs with this game-engine and then get familiar with in-app purchases.
The big news for this past week is that the amount of downloads I’m getting has been exploding primarily from the LITE versions of the applications. There have been over 3 thousand downloads [Primarily the new Paint Lonely App and the Egg Drop Math Addition Game surprisingly] and over 7,000 requests. The installs and users are growing slowly, but surely! I’m getting a better insight on what it’ll mean when that 52nd app is up on the store. One month in and I’m super pumped for the progress that’s happening.
Check out the ingame screenshot..
Things that I wish I could have done better is implement a bitmapping pixel collision detection. It’s hard at times to avoid the meteors, and also I wish I could have added more words on top of the 3rd grade’s vocabulary / spelling list.